If you are running a small business, it means you are trying to do everything by yourself. In case, funds are tight, the only things you need to consider are extra expenses. Handling a task yourself and tapping your staff to do this and it sounds like a very cost effective way to fulfill needs without adding up to the payroll. You also sacrifice some of your spare time, learning new skills and come out.
But, not always. Trying to do everything may end up wasting your money. On the other hand, outsourcing your basic business task is also an economical and smart leadership tactic. As you have guessed, it can create more productive and happier workplace for your business and your staff.
Why should you outsource?
- This frees up your staff focusing on the core competencies, like what they are best at. Dedicating the time to the strengths, you can get maximum benefits for the talents they have.
- Getting help from the specialists means faster execution. You can pay regular wages to your staff for nine hours to work throughout the project outside the skills they have or pay your specialists for just three hours. Why financing a learning curve could complete your project in just a little time?
- Usually, consultants are trained more than your staff. For example, optimized and polished copy by marketing professionals will get a higher click through rate.
What should you outsource?
Try considering outsource everything that does not come to your core competencies. Some examples are:
Design: If you want your brand to be successful, your business needs memorable and professional visuals for your business logos, cards, and other collateral.
Web Development: There are many tools that may help you create a functional and quick website. A professional web developer not only makes an attractive and slick site but makes the site with unique functions and which is easy to update with the changing content.
Writing: As many people think that they have good writing skills, professional writing involves nuances in language, SEO, and strategy to deliver powerful impacts. By the services of skilled writers for your press releases, web content, business plan, and social media can add to your business.
Tax and Payroll: You should prepare yourself to handle your business finances. As accounting and business finances involve complex and specific rules that a trained professional can do effectively.
Information Technology: Try to evaluate your skills realistically. Writing code ability is very useful, but sometimes is not enough to build IT infrastructure for your company.
How to outsource?
- Decide the worth of your time. What tasks could you complete in the specific days along with spending labor on the web design and payroll system?
- Get help from the right ones. Interact with interview providers and referrals. As judging the finished work quality is also important, make sure that they can interface with your software, office hours, as well as culture.
- Define all the job parameters. Create an outline of the deliverables like budget, deadlines and the outcome.
Productive outsourcing should simplify the workload. When you find you are spending a lot of time for outside help, it is the best time to pull your work. But if you are busy with your startup, outsourcing may save your headaches and money.